Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Brief Bio

I am a junior at George Mason University, studying Geography. I became interested in this field after taking a pair of intro corses at a community college in Hampton, VA. I have come from memorizing standard political maps, to learning how to build them myself. My Inroduction to Cartography class will improve my map analyzing/ creating skills. I am researching various graduate schools to further my education. My interests lean more towards biogeography and I would love to work in the ocean, researching various migratory patterns of sharks. The Virginia Institute of Marine Science, aka VIMS , studies the oceans and its ecology, and is a leading candidate of my interests. I am also intrigued by shark behavior, including shark attacks , their locations, and influences. I've also found the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA ,to be a handy resource for various research. Their database is emmense and eclectic.

No comments: